Carbon Reduction Plan
Vivisol UK April 2023
Commitment to achieving Net Zero
Vivisol is committed to achieving Net Zero emissions by 2035.
Baseline Emissions Footprint
|Baseline Year: 2020
|Additional Details relating to the Baseline Emissions calculations.
|Vivisol increased fleet vehicles in 2020 due to additional services in the North East of England. Overall, this did not impact our carbon emissions.
|Baseline year emissions:
Fuel and Energy Related Activities 238.3
Transportation and Distribution 40.2
Business Travel & Hotel Stays 42.4
Current Emissions Reporting
|Reporting Year 2021
|Scope 3 (Including Sources)
Fuel and Energy Related Activities 8.1
Transportation and Distribution 95.9
Business Travel & Hotel Stays 32.9
Emissions reduction targets
In order to continue our progress to achieving Net Zero, we have adopted the following carbon reduction targets.
Any increases in new services would require a review of current reduction targets although we are confident this would not impact our long-term reduction plan.
Our carbon reduction targets are audited by third-party Climate Impact Partners, a founding member of the International Carbon Reduction & Offset Alliance.
Progress against these targets can be seen in the graph below:
Carbon Reduction Projects
Vivisol Carbon Reduction Initiatives
The following environmental management measures and projects have been completed or
implemented since the Vivisol 2020 baseline. The carbon emission reduction achieved by
these schemes equates to 210 tCO2e, a 15% reduction against the 2020 baseline and the
measures that are in effect.
- ISO 14001 Certification for Environmental Management
- 100% Green Renewable Energy Supply to all our sites
- Warehouses and Offices have had PIR & LED lighting installed
- Warehouse has had its gas supply terminated
- WEEE recycling has been increased across the business
- Reduction in business travel emissions with the use of online meetings and collaboration
- Personnel-led projects were implemented to reduce printing by using paperless vehicle
checks and accident reporting measures
In the future we are implementing further measures such as:
- Electrification of the Vivisol Fleet
- Increase Electric Vehicle Charging in more locations
- Improve efficiencies in electricity consumption
- Ongoing optimisation of building energy use and ensuring longer-term strategies for building heating decarbonisation
- Improve data and reporting to improve the accuracy of carbon accounting
- Engage with our supply chain providers to set carbon reduction targets and gain commitment to net zero
Declaration and sign off
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been completed in accordance with PPN 06/21 and associated guidance and reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans.
Emissions have been reported and recorded in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the GHG Reporting Protocol corporate standard and uses the appropriate Government emission conversion factors for greenhouse gas company reporting.
Scope 1 and scope 2 emissions have been reported in accordance with SECR requirements, and the required subset of Scope 3 emissions have been reported in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Standard.
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been reviewed and signed off by the board of directors (or equivalent management body)
Signed on behalf of Vivisol
Stephen Cottee - Managing Director